Here come the girls

Here come the girls

Sunday 11 April 2010

Hi All
This is the first blog of many to dust off my skills as a crafty girl!
So far in an attempt to keep us from the black hole resulting from redundancy and all that comes from it.......I set off to try and make some cash by resurrecting my crafting skills that had been abandoned for some reason during my teens. (not trendy enough I think)

Much to the mirth and fascination of my little ones I started to make sock dolls practicing with their baby socks to sell at the school christmas fayre. Out of five finished dolls I sold two so not bad for a first attempt hey!?

Then it was onto thrift- making christmas tree decorations for a rather sorry looking christmas tree kindly lent by my parents. (memories of many happy christmas's decorating the tree were relived) And home made presents for my family including some rather nifty reindeer and a tea cosy snowman from Tone Finnager - I love her stuff - she rocks!

Then I made a knitted bear with some left over wool as a lucky mascot for my hubbies interview - he got the job so Lucky bear has a special place in our hearts LOL!

Now I have fallen in love with making itsy bitsy beautiful dolls and after doing a survey of family and friends have decided to make this into my next adventure.

Thanks Penni (GallimaufryUK) for your fantastic background and header design for this blog.

I will be posting my first batch of dolls next weekend so keep a watch out.
Back to work now,
Luv J x

2 comments:

  1. welcome to my world Cinta! LOL! Blog looks fabulous darlink!
    Have fun!
    P
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck in your venture! blog looks great and I am a watcher!!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete